CPU Board with AVR ATmega32U4 16 MHz for Archiduino system.
The CPU Board with AVR ATmega32U4 16 MHz is 100% compatible with Arduino IDE. You can program it using Arduino Leonardo as chosen board. With a tiny library (Archiduino.h) you can address the I/Os using the base board map as shown in the huge user’s manual. The Archiduino CPU mounts onboard – as default – the RTC clock, the EEPROM, the relay driver, a precision VREF and can be optionally configured with SD card slot.
The CPU architecture is the same of Arduino Leonardo and is totally transparent to the Arduino IDE (as well as you can program it using the Arduino Leonardo board configured in the Board Selection). In order to save precious space on the base board, we have already put on the CPU board some useful utilities as listed below:
- 1 RTC DS1337 (real time clock): no settings loss if a supply leakage occurs
- 1 ULQ2003 (relay driver): safe and sturdy darlington driver, no external transistors needed
- 1 EEPROM AT24CS02 2K – I2C Bus: store your config parameters here with no worries
- 1 precision voltage reference LM4030-2.5: stable and reliable, only 10ppm/°C as thermal drift, and a gorgeous 0.05% of output voltage precision
Optionally you can mount (or buy the already configured version) these options:
- CR1220 battery (for the Real Time Clock): necessary if you need to preserve the Real TIme Clock when power is down
- SD Card slot (SD Micro): very useful, you can log a huge amount of data
- 64K EEPROM (instead of the 2K default EEPROM): more room to store config parameters or whatever.
As you can see, in a very tiny space you get a powerful MCU with all essential tools for an industrial or home use. And it’s fully certified with strict IEC parameters, as you can see in the declaration of conformity.
|Case||Bare board (to be mounted on base board)|
|Dimensions LxHxP||102 x 32,5 x 11 mm.|
|Processor||AVR ATmega32U4 16 MHz|
|External EEprom||2K (64K optional)|
|Real Time Clock||DS1337 (battery optional)|
|UART (RX1/TX1)||1 (115200 Kbaud max)|
|SD card||Ready to mount (optional)|
|USB||Micro USB type B connector|
|LCD + keyboard||ready to mount|
|Supply voltage||12 Vdc (3.3Vdc regulator onboard)|
This board can be configured with SD Card reader slot and/or battery pack for the DS1337 RTC (real time clock), and/or a 64K EEPROM.