CPU Board 1284 with AVR ATmega1284 16 MHz for Archiduino system.
The CPU Board 1284 with AVR ATmega1284 16 MHz is 100% compatible with Arduino IDE. We provide configurations files to allow users showing it in the selectable boards and addressing the I/Os using the base board map. The Archiduino 1284 CPU mounts onboard – as default – the RTC clock, the EEPROM, the relay driver, a precision VREF and can be optionally configured with SD card slot. The USB connection is provided by onboard Silicon Labs CP2104 USB-to-UART bridge.
The Archiduino ATMega1284 CPU combine the power of 128 KB FLASH and 16 KB RAM with the versatility of any Arduino board: same easy developing environment without worries about memory space! The CPU architecture is fully transparent to the Arduino IDE and is compatible with all IDE versions since 1.6.2.
Onboard there are 32 available I/Os (24 digital and 8 analog/digital I/Os) . In order to save precious space on the base board, we have already put on the 1284 CPU board some useful utilities as listed below:
- 1 RTC DS1307 (real time clock): no settings loss if a supply leakage occurs
- 1 TPIC2810 (used as relay driver): safe and sturdy driver, no external transistors needed
- 1 EEPROM AT24CS02 2K – I2C Bus: store your config parameters here with no worries
- 1 precision voltage reference LM4030-2.5: stable and reliable, only 10ppm/°C as thermal drift, and a gorgeous 0.05% of output voltage precision
Optionally you can mount (or buy the already configured version) these options:
- CR1220 battery (for the Real Time Clock): necessary if you need to preserve the Real TIme Clock when power is down
- SD Card slot (SD Micro): very useful, you can log a huge amount of data
- 64K EEPROM (instead of the 2K default EEPROM): more room to store config parameters or whatever.
As you can see, in a very tiny space you get a powerful MCU with all essential tools for an industrial or home use.
|Case||Bare board (to be mounted on base board)|
|Dimensions LxHxP||102 x 32,5 x 11 mm.|
|Processor||AVR ATmega1284 16 MHz|
|External EEprom||2K (64K optional)|
|Real Time Clock||DS1307 (battery optional)|
|Generic I/Os||24 digital + 8 digital/analog|
|UART (RX1/TX1)||1 (115200 Kbaud max) + 1 (connected to USB port)|
|SD card||Ready to mount (optional)|
|USB||Micro USB type B connector|
|LCD + keyboard||ready to mount|
|Supply voltage||12 Vdc (5Vdc regulator onboard)|
This board can be configured with SD Card reader slot and/or battery pack for the DS1337 RTC (real time clock), and/or a 64K EEPROM.
Still under construction. It will be soon published.